Metal Wars: Boundaries

For OOC chatter about the stories in The Metal Wars
Sarken
Site Admin

Metal Wars: Boundaries

Post by Sarken »

This is taking longer than I thought it would. It seems that just when I think I'm done with a section and then reread it- I have to rewrite it.

Apparently I am naturally inclined to 'tell' a story which violates the golden rule of writing 'show it; don't tell it'. This is the most frustrating part of writing. Nevertheless I am working on it.

As far as being 'to wordy' however, people are just going to have to deal with it. I am a descriptive person- I like to add in the details of how a character is feeling, and try to work in the setting as well. For me, those are 2 primary aspects of a good story.

I'm not talking about spending a full page describing a woman getting dressed. That I agree with on being too wordy. My style is to show emotional state and scenery - yes, I just repeated myself (sometimes it's necessary to stress the point).

So, with respect to my readers I ask for a little patience and more time. I don't know about anyone else- I work best when the pressure is off and I'm able to take my time.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
BOINC Stats / Web Site / Blog