Siouxland Shakedown

Sometimes we abuse our blenders. This section is for stories that include 2 or more venues. Events in this category have no effect on other stories. In other words- what happens here, stays here.
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Re: Siouxland Shakedown

Post by Enforcer »

ON

“Psionics,” Stonagar raised his voice. He tempered himself, as Delta laid out the information the women had given her copies of. “Those tainted beasts are not worth your time.”

“And there are those who would say the same of us.” She reminded.

He glared at her with a low growl escaping his throat. “You know as well as I why we would kill one of them; especially during a ritual or feeding.”

She slammed the large leather book closed, got up and grabbed for her jacket. Spinning around she found he had moved quickly to her side. She tried to give him as much of a defiant stare as she could.

“Have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, they’ve already figured it out?”

He grabbed her just above her elbow, and held snuggly. “And what makes you think that they’ve done so?

“Torque is one of them,” She jerked her arm free of his grasp. “The hunter from New York is here… She’s in our city hunting the same Tremere.”

She watched him flinch, for the first time she saw fear in his eyes. She knew there was something about the hunter that some kindred revered. Free of his grasp, she slipped on her jacket. “You know maybe, just maybe one of these days you’ll tell me what happened or what it is about this hunter that puts the fear in your eyes.”

His shoulders slumped and he turned from her. He stepped slowly back to the table where he tapped his knuckle on the surface. “They say that in time, the past comes back to us and our actions or reactions will determine if it’s a good thing or a haunting.”

Delta folded her arms and leaned against the pillar that supported the part of the ceiling near the door. She listened to what he had to say, determining later would be a better time to decide if he was telling her the truth or shoveling a bunch of garbage on her doorstep.

“Thirty years ago there was a strong slayer, power like we had never seen before…” He turned to face her again. “She destroyed hundreds if not thousands of us before she disappeared.”

“What happened to her?” She asked.

“We learned about her, investigated who she was what her family was like and their blood lines.” He moved to the darkened shelves and opened a panel which revealed a computer console. “We were able to trace her lines back to De Versailles France… Her ancestor was one of the founding members of the Consortium, the blood line while pure of psionic abilities was gifted with strong, vigilant offspring which grew to a natural talent for killing us off.”

“So, you’re telling me that Buffy was real?” Delta quipped.

“The slayers are yes, but that one girl to each generation is complete bullshit.” He smirked. He booted up the computer, and then opened a special file that was based on a genealogy program. He motioned her to approach the console and showed her the lineage map. “We know of every generation of every bloodline this one man’s blood has created. And it is just one of hundreds of what we call the hunter bloodlines.”

Delta looked at the information, seeing the many names and generations that began with one man. Her finger ran down the lines, her mind noted the notorious hunters through history. Her eyes froze on the current generation. “How did these two lines come together?”

“Marriage, you see what I’m talking about?” He asked.

“So, Torque is this woman’s daughter?”

“And she is even more feared.” He opened another file that served as a companion to the first one. “We understood that it was only a matter of time for it to happen. This super slayer vanished and when she reappeared, she was with husband. We determined that in her absence was when she had the child we feared would be born.”

“You feared the birth of a child with both hunter and psionic lineage?”

“Yes, this child would grow to become an unstoppable force, we could not embrace her as her blood would be tainted with the gift and her hunter lineage would mean that she would be able to track us and even detect our havens.”

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

The problem isn't when someone decides to shoot me.
It's when that idiot decides to get up close and personal
-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

Influenced by Torque’s insistence, Jamie read the information surrounding the Cartwright family. She noted several mentions of relatives having unusual talents and suspected that they had a history of psionics in their bloodlines.

In frustration, she closed the file and groaned. “Remind me again, why we’re doing this?”

“At this point, we’re gathering information and I want to make sure this kid is okay and not some neonate vampire running around.” Tami said.

“I am so out of my element on this,” Jamie complained. She flipped through the file again; she was finding it difficult to focus at stay on task. “There are too many distractions.”

“Are you all right?” Torque asked. She pulled the car off the road and stopped, putting the car in park. “I would expect this from Brenda not you so what’s going on?”

Jamie shook her head. “Ever since I met that guy, I just.” She hesitated, running her fingers through her hair to comb it back. “It’s either him or this vampire stuff; it’s been a long time for me.”

“Have you been having flashbacks from your last case?” Tami asked.

Jamie shook her head. “Not yet.”

“As soon as you do, whenever it starts, you let me know.” Tami insisted.

“No problem.” Jamie agreed.

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

Tami clicked off her cell phone after speaking with Barnes and Solaire. She stayed behind the wheel of the rental car, thinking about the situation. She was starting to feel a bit stir crazy herself and wanted an end to the case. She hoped that their visit with the Cartwright family would prove fruitful.

Shifting the gear in to park, she popped the driver’s door open and stepped out. Her boot hit the grave paving of the drive and shifting on top of the small stones. She stepped confidently towards the front end of the car where Osprey waited. She looked up to the house where only a few days ago, she had visited with Mandy at her side.

The first thing she noticed was the new plants and landscaping, the grounds of the three acre home site were immaculate. “Some one really has a green thumb.” She said.

“Are you ready for this?” Osprey asked.

“Yeah, let’s do it.” Tucking her small phone into it’s carrier on her hip, Tami took the lead in approaching the house.

When she pressed the doorbell a new sound chimed. Instead of the mechanical buzzer noise, they were greeted by a sweet chiming song. Mrs. Cartwright opened the door holding a rag in her hands, wiping them.

“I was wondering when you would be coming….” She stepped aside and casually swept her hand out. “Please come in, my son is in his room but I’d like to speak with you first.”

“Mrs. Cartwright this is my associate Jamie Arcturus, code name Osprey.” Tami introduced as they moved in to the newly finished living room.

The tarps were gone, the furniture uncovered and the space seemed too sparkled with a newness of perfection. Tami liked what they had done. Her favorite part was the sage colored sheer drapes sweeping the maple colored hardwood floors. “It looks great.”

They took seats on the cream colored sectional just as a woman in a gray and white maid’s uniform appeared from another doorway. She carried a tray with a pitcher of iced tea and four tall glasses.
“Thank you Helena,” Mrs. Cartwright nodded to her.

Tami sense an air of supremacy about the woman, that her financial position was newly found. To her, the woman seemed as if she was trying to impress that falseness of shallow riches. Coming from money as well, Tami knew the difference because they always tried too hard.

“First I should explain,” Mrs. Cartwright gained their attention. “Casey is my stepson… I’ve been his mother since he was two but I never imagined thinking of his as nothing less than my son.”

“That’s courageous of you,” Osprey said.

“My husband is in Washington right now, he has no idea that Casey…”

Tami watched the woman tremble, grip her cloth and try controlling her shaking chin. She reached out to take her hand trying to be of comfort. “It’s all right, why don’t you tell us what happened?”

“I was…” She hesitated, looking around the room as if to avoid the subject. “I thought I was hearing things… Casey calling me, ‘mom where are you?’ and mom, I’m home you’re not going to believe what happened to me.” She paused to dab the cloth at her eyes and wipe her nose. “I knocked over an entire can of paint when I heard him entire the room... He tried telling me, he tried talking, but I could only scream …” She shook her head as if trying to scare the vision from her mind. “I still don’t remember calling the police.”

“What would you like for us to do?” Osprey asked.

“Take him… I can’t even look at him… I was his body, cold, gray and dead and I can’t deal with this.” The woman’s voice shuddered.

“Where’s his room, I’d like to speak with him.” Tami said.

As Mrs. Cartwright raised her hand and pointed, Tami stood and followed the direction. She crossed the living room, moved down the hall and found the door with the typical teenage markers on it. There were the signs of stop, do not enter, private property, and the center sign was clear “Casey’s Room”.

Tami tapped her knuckled lightly and was received by the door knob being turned and the door left to swing open. “Hello?” She peaked in and saw the young man returning to packing a large suitcase. She recognized Casey from his photographs, although he looked much healthier. “You’re mom is kind of freaked out,” She quipped and received a smirk in return. “So is it regeneration, self healing, maybe cardiac control?”

Casey stopped his packing, slapped his hands on his hips and huffed. “Who are you?”

“They call me Torque, I’m with The Consortium.” She leaned against the door frame, her hands braced behind her and gripping the frame.

“Now, you guys show up?” Casey rolled his eyes, flared his arms and flipped the suitcase closed before dropping on to the bed. “What the hell took you so long? I’ve been writing the Center for years.”

“Not so fast young man,” Entering the room, she turned the desk chair around and straddled it. “First, I’m from the East Coast House, otherwise known as The Western Headquarters… We had no knowledge of you until the incident sent up a red flag on our systems.”

“That’s just great,” Casey flopped back to his pillows. “I had to die to get you guys here.”

“You’re the lucky one,” Osprey appeared in the doorway with her arms folded. “Your friends were not so lucky.”

“They weren’t my friends,” He shoved some more clothes in a duffle bag. “I was more like a guardian to them; they wanted to do something daring and counted on me to tell them the outcome.”

“Counting on your visions and premonitions so they’ll know if it’s safe?” Osprey asked.

“Pretty much,” Casey grabbed a scruffy old stuffed animal and shoved it in the duffle bag. “How’d you know about that?”

“We got our hands on your last letter to Central House.” Osprey said.

“Look Casey, there aren’t enough apologies and excuses Central could come up with for their blatant disregard of your letters.” Tami stood and pushed the chair back under the desk. “Here’s the situation, East Coast is well equipped to help you and where you would have been transferred to anyway…. The thing is, we need your help with this case.”

“Are you like super agents or something?” He asked.

“It’s something like that,” Tami nodded. “We can help you but, and this is not a condition if it, we could use your help solving those kids murders.”

“I’ll help however I can, right now, I just want to get away from the melodrama.”

“I don’t think that’ll be a problem,” Osprey said, she stepped into the room and sat on the clean desk. “I encouraged her to call your Dad; he has a right to know.”

Casey rolled his eyes back with a sigh of relief. “Thank you… My Dad will understand I’m sure of it.”
They closed up his baggage and hauled it out to the car. As they left, they could hear the angry shouts from another room as Casey’s Mom spoke on the phone with his Dad. Tami kept quiet even though she shook her head as they let the front door close behind them. She was about to get behind the wheel when her phone rang.

“Yeah, this is Torque…?” She looked to the others with a wry smirk. “We’ll be there."

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

A small rain shower had started by the time the Ford Taurus pulled into the driveway of the ranch style brick house. Barnes was quick to shut off the engine and move quickly from the car to the front porch. Brenda was right behind him holding her wings over her head to protect her face from the rain. Catching up to him, she shook them off and joined him by the door.

The rain was just enough of a mist to relieve the heat and refresh her skin. She wanted to laugh then quickly changed her mind when the door opened. The cranky old man behind the screen gave her the meanest scowl.

“What do you want Barnes?” He asked.

“I came for that information I called about.”

“All right you can come in but leave her outside.” He scoffed.

“Awe c’mon Larry, be nice.” Barnes said. He kept a light tone to his voice, trying to be nice.

“No freaks in my house, next thing you know vampires will be working for the welcome wagon.” He turned his back, shuffling as he moved away from the door.

When Barnes turned to look at her, Solaire shook her head. “The information is what’s important… I’ll be fine in the car.”

“Man, I feel real bad about this.”

“I’m okay, besides, it’s on him.” She smirked. “Karma will remember him on his day.”

As he went inside, she returned to the car to wait. Picking up the local newspaper, she sifted through the pages. Just when she found an article that interested her, her cell phone rang. Shifting in her seat to pull it from her hip, she flipped her hair back as she opened the phone. “Solaire here, go ahead.”

“Join the team on Briar Cliff University campus, just after sun down, I’ll meet you there.”

The phone went silent and she sat there staring at it. She noted the time on the screen and realizing they had a few hours before sunset. She hoped that Barnes would not be long with the old man. Her senses were tingling and she was anxious to get this case wrapped up and moved on.

The sound of the driver’s door opening and Barnes dropping in the seat snapped her out of her thoughts. “Here, hold this.” He dropped a thick file holder onto her lap, slammed the door and was fast to start the engine and leave.

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Post by Enforcer »

ON

Delta closed her cell phone with a conniving smile as she faced her sire. She could see the pleasure in his eyes even before she gave him the news. “They’ve be there.”

“Excellent, you know what to do right?” He asked.

“Of course,” She crossed the room to the monitor and looked over the information again. “And if I can take out the most feared hunter of our kind, the reverence would be sweet.”

“Oh but you’re not about status, are you?” He asked. There was a slick undertone of sarcasm to his tone.

“Oh, of course not,” She faced him again. “But it’s a nice feature.”

“So, tell me again what the plan is.”

“Get them to divulge what information they have, use it and them to track and take down this anti-deluvian... Once he, or she, is out of the picture, I will turn on Torque, incapacitate her colleagues and eliminate her.”

Feeling him close behind her, his hand brushing her hair aside, she closed her eyes when he whispered. “I like the way you think.”

“There’s just one more thing,” She turned swiftly, pulling a stake from her jacket and driving it swiftly into his heart. “You aren’t a part of the plan.”

She watched the horror cross his face as he stumbled backwards. He dropped to his knees, looking at her with a mix of wonder, betrayal, and even a hint of distorted pleasure in his expression. His form melted, steam rising as the flesh dissolved from his form that crumpled to the floor into a pile of soot and ash.

Delta Baron-Stonagar stood over the clothing and remains of her sire, a soft sneer glistened in her eyes. She looked up sharply as the front door swung open and three large hulking figures stepped inside. “Take this pile in to the boiler room and burn them, make sure there’s no trace left.”

Two of the men scooped up the remains and scurried off down the back stairs and into the basement.

Delta watched them move as the other stepped to her side. “You were right, he has everything recorded and logged on this computer.”

“A serious breach of the masquerade,” The cloaked figure spoke in a smooth, calming voice. “You did well Enforcer… Surely Stonagar would have known that even his own transgressions and violation should not be an exception.”

“He was a fool,” Delta sniped. “But at least he made me what I was meant to be.” She set her eyes on the face inside the hood, seeing only the hollowness the one beneath it.

“My child, you are to become far more than what he envisioned than what he even knew.” He stroked her hair like she was a prized possession.

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

As the day moved on towards evening, the team began its assembly at Briar Cliff University. Jamie and Tami were the first to arrive; parking in the main lot. They noticed students moving about as the day’s classes ended. Being the weekend most students began preparing for social events or headed home.

Jamie paced from the front of the car to the back. Settling down, she leaned on the hood of the car, folded her arms and kicked at the ground. She heard the familiar clicks of a camera and looked up, a smile crossed her face. “James, you’re all right?”

“And you are a vision I could never tire of.” James Barber lowered his camera and stepped to her side. “If you decide to retire from this superhero business, would you consider being my subject?”

Jamie felt herself blushing, that warm flush moved up her body every time some one paid her a compliment. “That might be a long time coming… I kind of like the superhero gig.”

“Listen, about what happened,” Draping the camera strap over his neck; he shoved his hands in his jeans pockets. “I don’t want you getting involved… It has to do with this major story I’m working on, kind of one of those career making stories.”

“Take a tip from another superhero type,” Tami stepped from behind the wheel, closing the car door as Barnes pulled up in his SUV with Solaire. “Never sacrifice yourself for the sake of the job… Getting yourself killed doesn’t do anybody any good.”

“I thought that’s what you guys were all about, sacrifice for the greater good?” James asked.

The old friends shared a giggle over his reaction when Solaire stepped from the SUV, stretched out her wings and shook them loose.

“Did you call us here for a photo shoot or what?” Solaire asked.

“Wasn’t either of us,” Jamie said. She looked to James whom she nudged out of his state of surprise. “Was it you who called us?”

“I think I know who it was…” Torque said. She glanced around as if taking a count of the members gathered. “I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t like this… There’s something about her I don’t trust.”

“And who would that be?” James asked.

“Professor Delta Baron-Stonagar,” Jamie said. She could literately see the tension rise on his face. James drew his shoulders back, tightened his jaw and seemed to contain a shudder. His pallor faded as if trying to hide knowing something about her.

“We know what she is,” Torque said.

On those words, Jamie saw James relax, the color returning to his face. Though something of concern remained in his eyes, those intense hazel eyes she felt drawn to.

“You’re right not to trust her,” He said. Fidgeting with his camera, he was trying to distract himself.

“She’s the story I’ve been working on and…” He looked directly at Jamie. “She’s the one who put me in the hospital.”

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent

Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

Jamie’s fist flew towards the vehicle and was stopped by the cup of Tami’s hand. She gripped her friend’s fist firmly and locked eyes with her in a strong gaze. Knowing how Jamie could easily revert to her temper, Tami was not about to let her team degrade any further than it had. “As much as I hate this as anyone else, we need her in this.”

“She’s a leeching corpse,” Jamie cursed.

“That may be but she’s the only one who can get us what we need,” Tami took her hand in to both of hers, softening her demeanor. She looked to the others and noticed, far behind James a Harley Davidson approached with a familiar form riding it. “We take out this beast and then she’s mine.”

“What’re you talking about, taking out what beast?” James asked.

Tami released Jamie’s hand and looked to him. “You know, for a journalism major you’ve got a lot to learn about investigative reporting.” She twitched the corner of her mouth when he sneered at her. “You really have no idea what you’re dealing with here… Do you?”

“I know enough,” He smirked. “Dr. Stonagar has more to her than what others see and I’ve been determined to break that story.”

“Well, you may have bitten off more than you can chew.” Tami moved to the back of her vehicle and unlocked the trunk. From it, she pulled out a small crossbow and loaded it. She turned just as the motorcycle came to a stop behind them and the engine went quiet.

“Good, you’re all here.” Delta dismounted and joined them as she pulled off her black leather gloves.

Tami turned to face her, pointing the weapon at the vampire. “Just so we’re clear, no dining on my team….” She glanced quickly to James. “And that includes him.”

She caught the glint in Delta’s eyes. “But of course, we need all the help we can get.”
Tami stepped to her, meeting her toe to toe. “And then,” She set the crossbow to rest on Delta’s shoulder. “It’s just you and me leech, mono e mono.”

“I’m looking forward to that moment, slayer."

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Brenda watched the exchange, not wanting to get pulled into the swaggering bravado she shook her head and reverted to the SUV and the boxes of information sitting in the back seat. Sitting on the step, she looked through one of the books they received from the old geezer. She glanced up when Barnes stepped to her side and leaned against the SUV, taking a swig from his water bottle.

“I think we need to go back to the barn,” She traced her finger over the information and tapped the center of the page. “Everything seems to evolve around it.”

“No self-respecting vampire would decimate his or her haven with a feeding or ceremony.” The leech approached, took the book from her, glanced at it and tossed it back into the vehicle. “Like your own churches, it’s most likely a place of ceremony.”

“I disagree,” Brenda stood and folded her arms. “And why should be trust you when you’re main concern is ripping our throats?”

“Fine, be that way,” The leech snickered and returned to her motorcycle. “I’ll follow you to wherever and when you’re ready to listen to me, regardless of my nature… I’ll be there to lead you in the right direction.”

“Yeah, sure you will,” Brenda spoke so softly, only Barnes heard her. “And right in to some trap you’ve got lying in wait.” She looked up to the sound of the motorcycle’s engine humming. “And where Torque will sufficient kick your ass.”

Catching Barnes chuckling put a smile on her face and she giggled with him. “Her days are numbered,” She reached into the vehicle to retrieve the book. “Or should I say her hours?”

“She’ll be dust by sunrise,” Torque approached and set her hand on top of the door. She dropped her crossbow into the back of the SUV from over the front passenger seat. “Let’s move out and keep your guard up people.”

Brenda closed the door and swung forward to the front passenger seat and strapped in. She felt Torque grab hold of her wrist and looked to her.

“I need a bird's eye view on this, can you fly?”

“You got it.” She unstrapped and jumped out, shook the misted rain from her wings and hovered up. Taking to the air, she quickly overtook the motorcycle and swerved, turning towards the north and the abandoned farm. She knew she would be the first to arrive and willing accepted the task of surveying the area for anything suspicious.

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Post by Enforcer »

ON

Delta gunned the engine of her bike, her thoughts were on how to entrap the hunter and her team to separate them getting Torque alone. When the winged one flew passed her, she chose to show no reaction. The last thing she was willing to do was tip her own hand. She had eliminated the first target, the prince of the city which made room for the Archon to move in and take over.

There was something about Sioux City that the Elders wanted. As long as she would be guaranteed to get her dues, she was more than willing to help them get a foothold in the small city. Of course, it didn’t help the cattle that the place was mostly isolated from other areas. The next biggest city was more than an hour away, and with a population around 85,000 people, it was primed for the Kindred Society.

Pulling in to the over growth of the drive, Delta parked her Harley behind the run-down house before moving to the barn. From the corner of her eye, she noticed the movement on the roof-top and turned just enough to catch the dark figure with her wings folding down. A sly sneer crossed her lips as she thought of what she would do to the interloping psionic.

“Get in here!” A man grabbed hold of her arm and yanked her into the barn, pulling her backward and forcing her down to the underground level. “You’re late.”

“And you’re a son-of-a-bitch.” She hissed. Forcing herself free, she brushed the dust from her jacket and shifted her shoulders to straighten it. “They’re coming, are you ready?”

“Yes.” The old vampire crooned.

“Good, take care of the one on the house roof first.” She needed to get rid of her counterpart; he was the third kindred target. She dabbed at the corner of her mouth to clear away the saliva. Checking the scene, she made sure everything was in place for the night. She was determined to be marked as the one who took out the most hated, most feared hunter to ever be born. Taking out her team was a bonus.

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

Jamie hefted her arm, giving Othello the signal to take to the air. She held off until Solaire had taken off before approaching Torque. There was a sense of hesitation as she clenched her fist. “I don’t know what came over me,” She looked over to where Barnes and James were talking. “There’s something about the kid I like, a type of innocence.”

“Yeah, he’s an innocent pain in the ass.” Torque said.

She giggled as her friend nudged her. “He’s certainly full of compliments.”

“Do I detect an attraction?” Torque asked.

Jamie swung back to look at her, setting her hands on her hips with an air of defiance. “Yeah I like him, he’s a good kid and that professor, what she did, makes me angry.”

“Well, you know,” Torque held that tone of amusement that irritated Jamie. “He’s looking for a career making story, and by the way he flirts, you could be it.”

“Oh, shut up,” Jamie turned from her and started walking away. Her friend caught up to her.

“Okay, I’ll lay off, I just think it’s sweet and about time.” Torque nudged her. “And if he’s interested, I say go for it.”

“You’re doing it again.” Jamie stopped walking to face her. “Every time we’re about to move in and kick some ass, you start acting like a teenager.”

“It’s how I deal with things.”

Jamie sighed and walked away, this time not stopping. She caught the smile from James and forced one in return. With the way things were, the last thing she wanted to explore was any type of personal feelings. Still, she reasoned that even if she did like him, she was not staying in that small city.

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent