Siouxland Shakedown

Sometimes we abuse our blenders. This section is for stories that include 2 or more venues. Events in this category have no effect on other stories. In other words- what happens here, stays here.
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Re: Siouxland Shakedown

Post by Enforcer »

ON

Satisfied from her earlier feeding, Delta found her way to the farm where she parked her bike just outside the derelict barn. Dismounting, she stepped through the thick overgrowth and ripped apart the police tape as she made her way. With little effort, she pulled open the main gate and paused, turning her head slowly as the heavy, rotted wood crashed to the ground. Mice and several cats scattered from the area as dirt and flecks of debris flew into the air.

“Lovely,” Slipping off her glasses, she tucked them into a pocket of her jacket and snapped it closed. Examining the scene, she kicked over several evidence makers, disrupted the dirt with the body powder, and tore down more police tape.

Stepping up to the stack of old hey, she carefully inspected the immediate surroundings. Ripping apart the top bail proved fruitful, a small cauldron tumbled onto the ground. Picking it up, she sniffed at it.

“Hmm, smells like Tremere… But not,” Looking around the barn, she opened her hunter instincts and senses, scanning the ceiling and loft with her eyes, noting every scent her nose detected. Listening to the air with her hearing she detected the sound of a vehicle approaching.

It wasn’t long before the headlights reached the barn. Quietly and swiftly, she dove into a pile of hay. The freshness alone made her suspicious though at the moment, she could not be bothered with that fact. She slipped through the back of the pile and found a cubby behind a talk stack of hay bails. They were so fresh; she could see parts were still green. She stayed low, trying to keep quiet as to hear them talking.

“Are you sure about this?” Barnes asked.

“I’ve been hunting these creatures long enough,” Torque said. There was a gasp and a curse with some other noises.

“God damn it, some one violated the crime scene!” Barnes went off.

“No, wait…. Look,” Torque said. There was a moment of silence. “This is a message, doubtful for us… Looks to me like whoever was here left this message for whoever’s responsible for this scene.”

“Ya know, I’ve cased enough supernatural cases in my free time to earn my nick name but I can honestly say I’ve never met an actual vampire slayer.” Barnes said.

Delta pressed her body against the hay bails, closed her eyes tempering her anger and surprise to hear his words.

“I don’t consider myself one that was my mother…” Torque explained, she paused and grunted as she moved something. “As my father is fond of saying, I’m something more…A psionic born to the slayer line.”

That did it for her; Delta leapt up and crouched on top of the hay. “So, you’re the one they speak of?” She asked. She was ready for a fight, ready and willing. She looked down on them, thinking how easily she could manipulate time and take the woman out. She sneered as they turned and shone their flash lights. She needed no aides to help her; she could see them just fine. She enjoyed the look of surprise on the detective’s face. “Lucky for you I’ve got better things to do with my time, Torque.”

“So, I’m notorious now… I’m honored.” She said.

Delta watched carefully as the slayer discretely moved her hands to the rim of her jacket and pulled down two blades. In a quick movement, she connected them hilt to hilt and started twirling the weapon.

“Put your toys away slayer, I’ve got better things to focus on.” She jumped down from the hay and stood to her full height. A split second later, there was a cracking sound and all three of them fell through as the barn floor gave way and collapsed. “Ah crap!”

She rolled with the fall; coming up to her feet standing face to face with the woman whose name was spoken vehemently by many Kindred across the country. She saw the determination in those eyes, the fierce defiance of Delta’s superiority.

“Um ladies… Torque, could I get a little help here?” Barnes asked.

Not meaning to, they actually mirrored each others movement as the glanced to Delta’s left. It was all she could do to keep from laughing; Barnes was hung up by an arm and a leg. When they fell through, he had landed on a sacred shield used to blood let a sacrifice. That was all the evidence she needed to confirm her suspicions. “And you call yourself a police officer?” She asked.

Picking up Torque’s weapon, she flung it across the room, slicing in to the ropes that supported the shield. Giving him time to get to his feet, she stepped to him, with a threatening growl. Kneeling to prop up the shield, she stepped back as if she had been physically affected. The magnitude of the situation impacted her and she understood that some things needed to be over looked, for the moment. She looked to Torque and noticed her own expression.

In that moment, things changed between them. Delta found herself doing something she swore she could and would never do. “The Sabbat are a danger to us all, this is a temporary truce.” She held out her hand towards the hunter who reached out and clapped hers down. They gripped each other near the elbow. “When this is done, leave my town or I will hunt you.”

Torque glared at her with cool eyes she felt respect for, something she found unexpected. “You know that one day I’ll have to come for you.”

“But today is not that day…” Delta released her and handed over the weapons. “And when that day does come, it will be a fight they will speak of for generations, as one of legend.”

“What the hell are you two talking about?” Barnes asked.

“I just joined your team.” Delta said.

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

The problem isn't when someone decides to shoot me.
It's when that idiot decides to get up close and personal
-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

Jamie left Brenda at the police station, handing off her packages to a clerk. She returned to the air and made her way to Mercy Medical, downtown. When she entered the main lobby it was nearly deserted. She stepped over to the clerk’s desk. The kind looking, older woman looked up with glasses that rested on the tip of her nose.

“May I help you?” The woman spoke as kindly as she appeared to be.

“An associate of mine was admitted earlier tonight, it’s important that I see how he’s doing.” Jamie said. She set a hand on the desk and glanced over to the sound of two doctors walking out from one of the corridors.

“What is your associate’s name?” The receptionist asked.

“James Barber,” Jamie noticed the doctor’s were approaching the desk and she suddenly became alert. It was late hours and here she was standing in her team uniform, complete with swishing cape and a golden silhouette of a phoenix on her chest. It hit her that she had walked casually in to Wal-Mart like she had on normal, every day way.

“Is there a convention in town?” One of the doctors asked.

“I’m sorry?” Jamie snapped out of her thoughts.

“Just curious, not meaning to be rude… We’ve had several people in tonight with interesting attire.”

“That’s an interesting way to put it.” Jamie quipped. She put a hand on her hip pushing back her cape.

“Actually, we’re all together, that snot ball reporter at the Journal spilled the beans on us coming in…. So, we decided to wear our uniforms.” She shrugged as if it were no big deal, and placed her right arm to rest on the counter. “If we stand out, we stand out… Frankly from what I’ve experience, people need to learn that not all psionics are out to rule the world…. Some of us actually care about society.”

“Well,” The older doctor pulled his keys from his pocket. “It is natural human instinct to fear what we don’t understand, which diminishes with time and maturity. Though, I can certainly understand your view point, miss…”

“Jamie Arcturus, code name Osprey,” She nodded. With that she remembered what she had forgotten. From the small hard case pouch on her belt- she produced her driver’s license and consortium ID. She presented them to the receptionist. “I know it’s getting close to end of visiting hours but it is extremely important I speak with Mr. Barber.”

“Well, I don’t know,” The receptionist returned the cards. “He’s in critical condition and policy says….

“Oh Jeanine, give her some slack,” The older doctor said. “It’s not every day we get an actual superhero in our mist… Barber hasn’t stopped talking about you.”

Jamie tried holding back her surprise. “Are you his physician?”

“Ever since he was a kid,” He smiled. “C’mon, I’ll take you to him myself.”

“What about dinner with the wives?” He younger colleague asked.

“It’ll only be a few minutes; I’ll meet you guys at the restaurant.”

As they walked through the corridors to the ICU area, their conversation had waned to a pleasant silence. Passing through the unit, she felt his hand to the small of her back as he pushed aside a curtain. They came to a scene with James Barber lying in a bed looking extremely anemic. His mother sat beside him, holding his hand while her head was bowed to it and her eyes were closed. The man standing beside her looked over with a grimace and speculation.

“Hank, Tabitha this is Osprey…. The one James has been talking about.”

“I saw the photograph my son took of you,” Hank said. He gently tapped his wife’s shoulders. “You were standing by the campus memorial.”

“Yes, that’s actually when we met.” She nodded and gazed to James, lying so still in the bed. “Is he going to be all right?”

“He’s very low on blood,” Hank said. He shook his head in disbelief. “It’s like something just sucked it right out of him.”

Jamie noticed the nurse enter and step up to the devices where she changed out an empty blood bag for a fresh one. Hank’s words echoed in her ears. When the nurse was gone, Jamie stepped to James’ side opposite his parent. With them looking on, she slipped her hand in to his, leaned close, and whispered. “I will find what did this to you.”

He took a deep, shaky breath and opened his eyes. “Jamie, you’re here…. I… can’t remember …. Tonight-” He swallowed hard, his tongue searching for water.

“Rest and get better,” She moved as his mother helped with a small cup of water. “I will find what did this to you and make it pay…” She looked directly to his father. “That’s my promise.”

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Double Fire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Double Fire »

ON

Mandy was quietly sitting beside Eric as he masterfully piloted the Cessna southward following the Missouri River. It was nearly midnight when the Cessna set down on the landing strip of the Consortium’s Mid-House. The strip was designed for the smaller craft like the Cessna. As the plane maneuvered to a slot, they were met by a crew of medics with a gurney. Nova was helped from the back seat and laid gently on the gurney and then rushed towards the medical building.

Mandy and Eric were left behind to pretty much fend for themselves. When she turned out of the plane she heard him gasp. Turning back, she saw what he was looking at; blood had seeped onto the seat. “I think I should've stayed there?”

“C’mon, let’s get you inside before something worse happens.”

“How much blood can one person lose before that happens?” She asked.

“I’m not sure and I’d rather not find out.”

They entered the medical building and Mandy quickly took a seat in the lobby while Eric spoke with the nurse at the reception desk. Mandy stayed sitting forward, resting her head in her hands with her elbows on her knees. The day’s events ran through her mind with questions and confusion about several things. She felt unable to grasp the notions of the doctor’s telling her she was stable and well enough to leave the hospital and yet she was still bleeding. Fatigue was setting in, even though she had slept at Mercy, she wanted more.

“Amanda Matchall,” A woman called out.

She looked up, finding her vision growing blurry. She saw the heavy set woman standing at an open door in fuchsia colored scrubs. In getting up intending to follow the nurse, Mandy lost her balance and dropped back to her seat. She felt as if her brain had moved, swimming in her skull.

“Easy, just take it slow.” Eric encouraged.

It seemed like an eternity passed by the time she was eased into a wheelchair. In the back of her mind, Mandy kept hearing the echoes of her father’s words from childhood. ~ That’s my brave little soldier, keep up the strength. ~

“Daddy, I miss you,” She felt like she was falling, losing herself to her condition. Words and conversations around her were like liquid in her ears.

“She should not have been moved.” The nurse said. “That blasted insurance company needs to start making concessions for emergency cases.”

“I’m calling East Coast; see if she has any family, they should know.” Eric said.

Mandy felt a sharp pain in her arm but not her reflexive reaction. It wasn’t long after that when she felt the ominous darkness closing in, engulfing her like a warm, soft blanket of security. Time escaped her and again she found herself surrounded by memories and emotions she had been denying and avoiding.

Losing time gave way to the soft rays of sunlight. She opened her eyes as a nurse opened the drapes to the room. She felt snug in her hospital bed, surrounded by soft white sheets. Two plush pillows trapped her in comfort with one under her head and the other acting as a pedestal for her arm with the IV line.

She tried focusing on the man standing at the window looking out, with his hands held behind him. His back was to her and still, she knew by the cut that he wore a US Air Force uniform. The nurse set her hand on his arm and nodded towards Mandy. The man turn to see and Mandy was shocked. “Uncle Rex?”

“I got a call late last night,” He stepped to her bedside. “It seems that my favorite niece has been trying to be a super-soldier.” Leaning close, he kissed her on the forehead. “Even soldiers need medical attention now and then.” He sat on the side of the bed taking her hand in to his.

“Uncle Rex it wasn’t me, seriously,” She shook her head. “It was my insurance company; they won’t cover unless it’s an authorized facility which means only Consortium Houses.”

“You should have joined the military,” He teased.

The tension rose in the room and Mandy turned her face away from Rex. He got up and returned to the window. “So, this is how it’s going to be between us… Your father was right, that school brainwashed you against the family.”

“Don’t even start, they sent me there.” She countered.

“And now you’re with the Consortium.”

“Did you come here to see me or berate me?” She asked. With him looking out the window, she lied flat and stared at the ceiling. “You’ve had issues ever since Dad told you about me. So excuse me for not understanding why you’re here.”

There was a moment of quiet tension that seemed to fill the room and make every bone in her body taught. Mandy could not help but recall the last moment they had together and how unpleasant it was.

“I told you, I got a call late last night about you,” He turned only halfway, showing her his profile. “The man made it sound as if you were dying and you needed blood…” With an intentional pause, he looked directly at her. “That’s why I came.”

“Are you trying to tell me that you’ve had a change of heart and mind because of what happened to me or was it out of guilt for not being there when Dad died?”

“I deserve that.” He took a deep sigh and picked up his hat. “Little soldier, I wish to God I had been there but what’s done is done.” He hesitated turning his cap in his hands. “Your mother and brothers would like to see you, they miss you.”

“I was just there and I’m stationed at the East Coast House; they can visit me too as long as I have a three day notice.”

“I’ll be sure to tell them that,” He stepped to the door, grasping the knob and paused, looking back then set his eyes on the door. “How did we get here Firefly…? We used to be so close… I miss that.”

Mandy turned away, not wanting him to see the tears welling in her eyes. “What was it Dad used to say? You made the choice; the ball is in your court.”

“So it is,” He looked to her again.

She turned and saw the look in his eyes, the fear and regret. In that moment she knew they reconnected like they had been before she changed. She pulled herself up more, sitting up fully and holding her hand out. “But I’ll meet you halfway.”

Again, he returned to her side, sitting down and taking her in to his arms. She could tell he was trying to be gentle, careful of the wounds on her back. What surprised her was how easily she was moved to tears by his presence. So much had changed between them and to them she wasn’t sure where to start. They stayed there, sitting together in the silence, uncle and niece, her in his arms, neither knowing what to say.

OFF
Amanda Lynn Matchall
aka Mandy
security class: PSI- 4
Nova
Psionics Millennium

Post by Nova »

ON

Trinity was lying on the exam table with her legs propped up while the doctor examined her. She was staring at the ceiling flinching from the uncomfortable nudge when he set his doctor’s toy inside her. She had waited several hours, experienced the rudeness of a phlebotomist taking her blood, and now this. “Doc, be honest with me… Am I ever going to be able to have a child without all these problems?”

“Oh,” He glanced over the gown. “What makes you think you’re pregnant?”

“The symptoms are the same as last time and the tests the doctor performed at East Coast.” She could have sworn she heard him growl and groan. He suddenly got up and left letting the door swing closed behind him. She drummed her fingers flat against her stomach wondering about his attitude.

A light tapping sound on the door drew her attention and she looked over as Eric poked his head in. She immediately dropped her legs and cringed. It was clear the doctor had left his torture device inside her.

“I’ve got it, just take it easy.” Eric rushed in and tried being a gentleman in loosening the clamp and pulling it out. “What happened to the doctor?”

“I don’t know, I mentioned the tests and East Coast confirming my condition and he was out of here.”

“And that’s what I’m thinking we should do ourselves.” He picked up her clothes and practically shoved them onto her lap. “Ever since I called Double Fire’s uncle, they’ve been watching me, it’s as if…. I don’t know, my gut tells me we need to get out of here and fast.”

“What about Double Fire,” Trinity trusted his instincts and stepped off the exam table, rushing to get dressed. “We can’t just leave her here.”

“That end is covered,” He said. He peaked out, checking the corridor then chanced a look back. “Are you ready?”

Trinity pulled on one boot then the other. It wasn’t long afterwards that they were rushing through the corridors and then slipping in to Mandy’s room. It was clear to her that the men were in charge. Her young colleague was already dressed and dropping her own gown on the bed.

“We haven’t got much time,” Eric said. He checked out the door, pulling back and closing it as some one passed by.

“Are you sure she’s okay to be moved?” Trinity asked.

“I’m going to have to be.” Mandy said. She pulled on her jacket and tucked her hair into a hat that Rex handed her. “I’ll get checked out by Doctor Barton when we get to East Coast.” She paused only a brief moment when Rex took her wrist and slapped a black semi-automatic into her palm. She looked at it, saw the initials on the handle and then forced a grimace. “This is Dad’s gun.”

“And now it’s yours,” He gave the same smirk she had.

“Sorry to break your reunion Colonel but if Eric says he moves, we move.” Trinity said. She disliked tense, split second decision moves like what they were about to try and pull off. The moment she saw the gun change hands, she knew things would only get worse. As far as she was concerned, she was the only viable psionic among them. Setting a hand on her stomach and closed her eyes. ~ I pray nothing happens to you. ~ She thought.

Eric’s hand on her shoulder snapped her from her prayer. “Do what you feel you have to if you have to.” He kissed her temple. “I love you.”

“All right, here’s the deal,” Trinity took lead point. “If something happens and I mean anything… The rest of you head on, I’ll cover you and be right behind.”

“Are you sure about that?” Rex asked.

“I’m a special type of psionic.” Trinity smirked. “I can really make them see the light.”

“Then let’s move out,” Rex said. He and Mandy were the first out the door, followed by Eric and Trinity. The group was stopped in the lobby by one of the doctors.

“Leaving already?” He asked.

“Doctor I appreciate what you’ve done for my niece however,” Rex placed an arm over Mandy’s shoulder. “Unfortunately my base commander is expecting her… I’ve explained that with her ability, she may be the only person to carry out a sensitive and highly classified mission.”

“Double Fire is on injured status, we can’t release her.” The doctor glared at him.

Rex stepped up to the man who was shorter than himself; he set his cap on his head and glared back. “I am a Colonel in the US Air Force who answers directly to a four star general who has the ear of the president…. Now, are you going to stand in my way?”

Impressed with the ‘normal’, Trinity took a step back and touching Eric on the shoulder, urging him to do the same. She pointed to the small flame dancing in the palm of Mandy’s hand.

“I would suggest stepping out of the Colonel’s path.” Eric said.

“Fine, be that way.” The doctor side stepped. He started to say something else.

Trinity took control of Mandy’s small flame. Toiling with it she increased the size and threw it at the front doors. The four of them made their way out of the charred doorway. At the main drive they found a basic blue four door sedan waiting. The driver, an air force enlisted, was waiting behind the wheel reading a newspaper.

“Airman, let’s go.” Rex ordered. He slid into the passenger side of the front seat.

Trinity relaxed in the back seat with the other two, keeping a hand on her stomach. She was unsure and distrusting of Mid-House and worried that they had done something. Her mind was filled with bad memories of the last time. It was Mid-House then as well. She had been assigned to the agent’s staff and the supposed miscarriage was her reason for transferring out.

“Where to sir?” The airman asked.

“Sioux-Gateway, we have a 747 there.” Eric offered up.

“Then Sioux-Gateway it is.” Rex nodded.

As Eric pulled out his cell phone, Trinity leaned into him feeling the need to be held by her husband. She rested her head close to his heart and focused on listening to the steady rhythm of its beat.

Eric placed a call to his co-pilot, spoke a lot of pilot jargon and resolved the conversation for the crew to bring the plane down to them. Closing the small phone, he held it in his hand. “Colonel, I think we should get these ladies fed. It’ll be some time before we board."

“Sounds good to me,” The Colonel agreed. “Airman, you know the area, any suggestions?”

“Yes sir I do,” The airman said.

OFF
Last edited by Nova on August 2nd, 2017, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Agent: Trinity Demarz
Security Level: PSI-1
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

The air seemed hot and thick, a foul stench emitted from many aspects of the small city. Tami found herself sitting in a dusty room surrounded by old trinkets, furniture, and that stale scent that said the windows had not been opened in years. The old flower pattern sofa was neglected and worn with the poor disguise of a large crocheted afghan set over the back. She waited patiently, sitting on that sofa, her hands on her knees as they held a sweaty glass of lemonade.

The old woman sat across from her working on her crochet. Barnes and her husband were off in another room or the house talking. She was deaf and held no interest in attempting to speak even with sign-language.

Tami sighed impatiently, got up and stepped over to the piano to look at the photographs. She noticed the ones of two policemen in images so old they had turned yellow. There were others of young children showing them in each year of life. She couldn’t resist picking up one of two images together. On one side were two men graduating from the police academy, on the other was one of them with a very attractive girl in a prom gown. It was so surreal to her it seemed imaginary.

“Yeah, he was quite the looker back then.” Barnes’ friend said, coming up behind her and looking over her shoulder.

“Who was this woman?” She asked. Turning to see Barnes had a box of files, she looked to the old man.

“Her name was Talya,” Barnes said. He looked at the picture as she handed it to him. “She was a Russian student as I recall, transferred from Moscow or someplace.”

“And she had all the boys panting after her.” His friend said.

“Whatever happened to her?” Barnes asked.

Tami found herself following the picture with her eyes, finding others on the piano with her in them. There was something about the girl that triggered her mind.

“Some say that she was killed in an awful way not long after graduation, her and my son were engaged to be married.”

His voice faded in her mind as she felt drawn to the larger picture of the young couple. Feeling compelled to pick it up and study the woman’s face. “What happened to your son?” She asked.

“Los Angeles, he got himself a degree and became a federal agent.”

“She seems familiar,” With a shrug, she returned the picture carefully to its place. “She might just have one of those faces.”

“What’re you doing, looking at that wolf girl’s pictures?” The old woman spoke up, almost shouting to hear herself.

“Ma, hush, ya don’t know what you’re talking about.” Her son chided her.

Barnes chuckled and patted his friend on the shoulder. “Thanks for all the information and help, I think we’ve got everything we need.”

“Let me know if you need an extra pair of hands,” He held up his hand like a gun trigger. “I keep an active PI. license... Since, I like the spooky stuff.”

They chuckled, Tami scooped up the box and they moved out to his SUV. She pushed the set the box securely on the floor before sitting in the front passenger seat. She kept thinking about the woman in the photographs, certain that she knew her.

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Brenda hopped off the step ladder after installing the last camera. She moved to the monitoring desk the medical examiner had arranged, and checked the connections and positions of the cameras through the monitors. As she worked, she barely acknowledged the man with the occasional nod.

“Wow, you’re really in to your work.” He said.

“It’s what I get paid for.” She turned and raised a hand to her face as she sneezed.

“Bless you,” He said.

“Thanks, camera three needs its angle adjusted… It needs to cover all the units and I can’t see the fifth one.”

She looked up to see him move to the camera, taking the step stool with him. Catching movement to her left, she turned to see the chief medical examiner enter the area. She returned her attention to the cameras, tapping a few buttons on the console. “I think that’s going to do it.”

Sensing the chief examiner behind her, she glanced to her side. “I don’t suppose you were told what’s going on?” She asked.

“Oh I’m well aware of the circumstances,” He helped himself to the controls and checked the views for himself. “My question is if you think that this is really going to work or if this is a scheme of smoke and mirrors.”

“Well, when they get up and start moving on their own,” She paused to turn and fold her arms. “I guess we’ll have our answer.”

“You’re funny,” He smiled. “I like that…. Have you been working forensics for long?”

“Actually I’m a flight instructor.” She quipped.

“Again with the humor, of course the wings,” He snickered.

She moved her hands to her hips. “Now who’s the comedian?” She asked.

“Seriously now,” He smirked. “Are you going to be here observing or at some remote hidden bat cave no one knows about?”

“Ah guys,” The tech tried getting their attention.

“Hold on Henry,” Brenda said. She shook her head as she gave the examiner her full attention. “Mr. Grist, you can try pulling off the CSI Grissim personality but it…”

“Guys, hello…. We got a dead man walking!” Henry shouted.

The two of them stopped talking and looked at the cameras. One of the victims had turned and had force his way out of the holding chamber. He slipped off the slab and started towards Henry.

Brenda reached in to her bag, pulled out a simple cross-bow. She dipped the wooden arrow tip into a small vial of water and loaded it. Only a brief moment passed, long enough for the snap sound of the cross-bow and the swish of the arrow as it launched. Her aim was right on target; the arrow pierced the new vampires back and penetrated his heart.

He jerked back and tried reaching for the arrow only to break it off with the head inside him. As he drew it forward, a dumfounded expression filled his face. In looking down, he noticed that he was disintegrating from his chest outward. The event seemed to move in slow motion and yet took only a few seconds. The vampire literately dissolved and left only a pile of dust on the floor.

Henry peaked out from behind the autopsy table hoping it was all clear. He gingerly stepped over to the pile of dust and kicked it gently. He barely disturbed it then shrugged and grabbed a broom and dustpan.
Grist looked blankly at Brenda not believing what he saw. She was busy digging through a black bag with the Consortium East Coast shield on it. From deep inside, she pulled out a large wooden stake and a mallet. “Mr. Grist, I’m going to need your help on this one.”

“What… Huh, oh of course,” He joined her as they entered the holding area where Henry was. One by one, they opened the remaining victim’s vaults and Brenda proceeded to impale them. Each one screamed and squealed, moving slightly in one way of another before disintegrating from the point of impact.

“I think we’ll leave the gear set up, just in case.” Brenda said. She packed up her back and slung it over her shoulder. “We’ll be monitoring from that bat cave.”

The men simply stood there completely dumbfounded, barely nodding as she left.

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Post by Enforcer »

ON

Delta could barely believe what she was getting herself in to. It was one thing to team up with others on a case; it was something completely different to team up with psionics. To some, it was like playing with their food; to her it was a pain in the ass.

With the sunrise, she had been forced to return to the Old City. There, she took what they had learned from the scene and conducted her research. Tucked in the confines of her sire’s library, she was engrossed in the large volumes. Her goal was to identify the kindred by discerning the blood ritual. Sitting in a wing-backed chair, a roaring fire as her only light, she was so engrossed in her work she failed to hear the doors open.

“This vision, I am reminded of the day I first saw you.”

She looked up to see her sire and prince standing in the doorway and offered him a faint smile. “As I recall, I was already ghouled to another at the time and you took me in months later when he was hunted.”

“I loved you that night and ever since.” He stepped to her side, taking a seat on the ottoman before her. The fire in the hearth flickered in his cold eyes, catching her interest. “You were meant to be one of us, as I recall telling you. Even Donovan knew this, it is why he ghouled you to begin with.”

“I know this,” Closing the book, she set it aside and slipped forward from her seat, her knees bent to the floor. She could feel the warmth of the fire on her face. “I also know how reminiscent you can be when something is seriously wrong.”

His smile crept on slowly with a mild chuckle. He turned his head to look at the fire and sighed heavily.

“There’s been a serious breach of the Masque and it’s trickling out among the higher generations…” He stood and stepped to the hearth, resting an arm on the mantle. “The Archons are refusing to entail themselves and Prince of New York is calling for the best in the nation to correct the problem.”

She stood before him, thinking she might know what he was planning. “I hope that you did not agree to send me in.”

He gave her that all knowing expression of defiance. It was a sense that had developed between them over the years. She cracked a smile with a snicker as she stepped closer to him. “My love, you are truly evil.”

“Well, I can’t have my only enforcer out of town with some psychotic killer kindred on the loose.” He kissed her on the forehead. “Besides, I’m selfish when it comes to you.”

“Speaking of which,” She used his words as an entry for her subject. “I think I’ve figured out at least some things about our psychotic kindred.”

“Oh, do tell… Now, I’m interested.”

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

The problem isn't when someone decides to shoot me.
It's when that idiot decides to get up close and personal
-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

Jamie made her way back to the hotel and Tami’s room instead of her own. Ordering pizza for three, they went over the collected information with Barnes. She opened one of the boxes and found a picture sitting on top. She was only momentarily distracted by it, thinking the girl looked familiar.

“How’d that get in there?” Torque asked.

“My friend or his mother must’ve slipped it in there.” Barnes said. He got up from the chair for the door and room service. He paid in cash and set the boxes on the bed nearest the table. He dutifully pulled pizza slices and passed out the plates before returning to his seat and cracking open his coke.

“Why would they though?” Jamie asked. She couldn’t help from staring at the image, having the strong sensation that she knew the woman.

“Let’s worry about it later,” Tami suggested. “We’ve got one case already to work on…” At the sound of her cell phone chiming, she shifted in her seat and pulled it off her hip. Looking at the caller screen she flipped it open. “Looks like communications are back up with head quarters…” Pressing the call button, she flipped her hair aside. “This is Torque,” As she listened to the caller, she took up a napkin, jotted down the letters DF and held it up for the others to see. “It’s good to know you’re both okay… uh huh… No, I have no problem with that I think it’s a great idea…” She nodded mindlessly as
Mandy spoke. “Yeah I’ve met Mona, can you have her send that information to my e-mail…?”

Everyone looked over when Brenda walked in; Jamie put a finger to her lips then pointed to Tami on her phone. She got up from the bed, and stepped outside the room, urging Brenda to join her.

When they were alone, she showed her the photograph. She waited on Brenda’s reaction and was not disappointed. Her friend confirmed her own sensations of familiarity.

“How is this possible?” Brenda asked.

Jamie folded her arms and leaned against the banister. “I don’t know she could be a clone, a regenerator, or something on the darker side.” She paused tensely as two other hotel guests passed by them. When it was clear, she continued. “I think she should be confronted though.”

Brenda tapped the framed image against her hand; she sighed tensely. “Jamie, I think we should stay focused on the current case…. Too many distractions getting in the way could cause a lot of problems.”

“What if I went back to HQ and worked on this?” Jamie asked.

“We’re down two agents on this team already….” Brenda returned the photograph. “I don’t want to be here anymore than anyone else but the reality is we are, we have an Alpha Case to work on and we all know how the Consortium feels about agents who bail on an Alpha case.”

Jamie sulked, sighing and mumbling her herself as she returned to the room. She flopped on to the bed, folding her arms over her legs and brooded.

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

Tami barely acknowledged the two as they stepped out of the room. She was busy with her phone call. She had set her plate aside and pulled out her folio to write her notes. “I’m not sure what to say, Mrs. Cartwright… I’m certainly glad to learn your son is alive, though how I’m sure Casey is just as baffled about.”

She looked up as the two returned and she raised a brow at Jamie flopping onto the bed. She turned away from them, not wanting to deal with her drama. “Of course Mrs. Cartwright, I have plenty of time today…. I just need to make a phone call and I’ll be on my way…. So, I could head out in about ten or fifteen minutes.” She looked to Barnes, who nodded and pulled the keys from his pocket. Ending the call, she set the phone down and took a sip from her Coke. Setting the bottle down, she looked directly at Barnes. “Casey Cartwright got home in time for lunch.”

“How the hell did that happen?” Awe struck Barnes dropped into the chair across the table from her. “They confirmed him dead at the site.”

“Not if he’s a regenerator,” Brenda said.

“She’s right,” Tami said. Sitting back, she set her hand on her cell phone. “At least I hope she is… The alternative is not something I’d want to face.”

“If he shows up, in broad daylight that has to be the answer.” Brenda offered. “Otherwise, wouldn’t he have been dusted?”

Tami nodded. “All right, here’s the plan…” She turned so she could see all of them at once. “Solaire, go with Barnes to see the second officer from the original case… Osprey, you’re with me to the Cartwright place."

“Sounds like a plan,” Barnes nodded. He snatched up two slices of pepperoni pizza and headed out the door.

Begrudgingly, Solaire got up from the bed and followed him.

Once they were alone, Tami picked up her cell phone and returned Mandy’s phone call. She wanted to hear the rest of the findings before they met with the Mrs. Cartwright and Casey. With the phone ringing, she pulled her ear piece from her bag and connected it to her phone to free her hands.

“Double Fire here, go head….”

“Hey, partner… Sorry about that, where were we?”

“I told Vortex what you said, he had Mona translate and send everything from the book to your e-mail… Something’s come up; it’s a bad time for me to talk right now.”

“All right, I’ll call you directly if I need anything further.”

“At least I can contribute in some way,” Mandy said.

Tami rubbed at her forehead; she understood the tone in her partner’s voice. “Don’t sell yourself short, DF… More importantly, don’t let anyone devalue you or your abilities.”

“Thanks, partner, be careful out there, Double Fire out.” Mandy encouraged.

Tami clicked off and closed her phone. In looking to Osprey, she stood and pulled the keys from her pocket. They locked the door as they left and headed out in silence.

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Partnered with Detective Barnes, Brenda insisted they stopped by her room that she could freshen up and change clothing. She had been in her one-piece outfit for two days and was beyond ready fresh clothes. She chose a simple pair of jeans and a pale blue halter top with a broad strap that tied behind her neck. Her boots were ankle height camel colored suede which matched her wings.

Leaving the bathroom, she rejoined Barnes in the main area of the room. She found him at the table by the window going over his own notes. In approaching him, she decided to share hers. She opened her notebook, tapped a few keys and selected the file marked Alpha Signal Cases. With that open, she selected the one with the catalog number assigned to the current case.

“I’m willing to bet you have more information than I do.” She said. She spoke light and friendly as they started comparing notes and evidence.

“The majority of my information is fifty years old and what is new is pretty sketchy.” Barnes had taken the liberty of ordering coffee from room service and took a sip from his cup. “I take it you gals have been hunting these things for a few years now?”

She kept her eyes on her files, reading as she listened to him. “Actually I’m the English teacher at the East Coast House… Torque is the hunter,” She paused to pour some coffee for herself and then took a sip. “It’s in her blood literately... Her mother was a slayer and her father was the psionic.”

“What’s that old saying? To whom much is given, much is required.” He asked.

“That sounds about right,” She stood and shifted to his side, turning the notebook computer so he could see the screen. “Take a look at this, it’s the information Double Fire sent from headquarters… Does it look familiar?”

She stepped back giving him room while he read the information on the details of a specific blood letting ritual. She watched him for his reactions as he put a first lightly against his mouth while he read. He nodded slowly, a soft cough and it was all she needed to confirm the findings.

“Yeah, this is just like the how we found the victims, including the details that weren’t released.”
“So much for dealing with the Tremere…” Brenda grumbled. “This ritual is used solely by a clan called the Tzimisce.”

“Excuse me?” He gave her a confused look.

“Think Dracula….” She smirked. “And yes, he’s real.”

“Damn,” He whispered. Sitting back, he looked out the window then shot a look to her. “So, how do we get them out of my city?”

“You don’t, you expose them to the hunters and hopefully other vampires who aren’t keen on that clan.”

“All right,” He nodded slowly. “Let’s go get that information from my friend then get back here and compile all this stuff into a nice presentation.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.” She grabbed her tailored leather jacket and followed him out of the hotel.

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1